BiblioLopek

A place for me to review the books I read, and comment generally on anything book related!

Name:
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham, United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Driving Force by Danica Patrick


I found Driving Force by Danica Patrick a somewhat strange read. While her passion for racing (and life in general) come across strongly, I think the whole concept of the book was wrong. She is just too young imo to write an autobiography, and despite being only 200 pages long, it seemed like it was padded out to make it work. There is much repetition.

It would have been far better to my mind to have done a book about her first season in the IRL, and specifically the Indy 500, as that was by far the focus of the book. To me it would have sat much easier than the somewhat strained result produced.

And as a final point, if she wants to demonstrate that she is no different to any male driver, and can do the job just as well (which I am sure she can), then she needs to stop highlighting the fact she is the only woman in the IRL at every opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home