BiblioLopek

A place for me to review the books I read, and comment generally on anything book related!

Name:
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham, United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Real Monty by Colin Montgomerie


The Real Monty by Colin Montgomerie is a really cool read of you are interesting in his career, but it does not touch on him as a man that much. Even the parts about him growing up focus on how he got into the game of golf rather then his childhood in general.

While I found the lack of a more personal story disappointing - I think making the book more a story of his career than an genuine autobiography - I still really enjoyed the book. It gives some fascinating insights into what makes him tick as a player, his rise to the top, and his continuing trouble at the majors. He also gives frank views of some of his competitors, the PGA and European tours, and many other subjects.

If you like golf, then I would definitely recommend it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home