BiblioLopek

A place for me to review the books I read, and comment generally on anything book related!

Name:
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham, United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Four Blind Mice by James Patterson


In my opinion Four Blind Mice is not one of James Patterson's best books, but it is still a good read.

As one of the Alex Cross series of novels it features familiar characters, and their personal lives continue to develop and grow. This is one element of the Alex Cross series that I most enjoy. The characters have become very well know to me, and what is happening in their life away from the crimes is one of the joys of the novels.

As far as the crime in this novel goes, it is pretty different to the themes of recent novels, with no real links to previous crimes/criminals. The story was potentially broader in scope, but disappointingly I felt it was treated really lightly. More could have been made of the plot and locations if Patterson had chosen to. It seemed he was almost treading water with this one - maybe it is a setup for some follow-up stories in future novels.

While I did not enjoy this much as I have previous Patterson novels, that is not to say it is not a good pay turner, as it certainly is. As a standalone novel I would not have been so forgiving, but as a part of a well-liked series I will forgive Patterson a not so good one!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home